About Our School
St. Angela’s Secondary School is part of The Ursuline Order which was founded in Brescia, in Italy in 1535 and came to Ireland in 1711. Since the Ursuline Sisters arrived in Ireland in 1771, they have been involved in the work of education, from Primary through Secondary and on to Third Level. Indeed, communities founded in Waterford and Sligo were to add primary, second and third level centres of Ursuline education.
The Foundress, St. Angela Merici, after whom our school is named, saw the education and training of girls as a most pressing need. Her aim, which is still of the utmost in Ursuline education today, was to educate girls so that they develop to their full potential spiritually, academically, physically and socially. St. Angela always stressed the importance of each individual and to this day the particular needs of students are identified and catered for as part of the Ursuline ethos