“I ask you to please try to bring them up with love, with a gentle and kindly hand”
Ursuline educators recognise that parents are the primary educators of their children. As the whole education process is a partnership, co-operation between home and school is vital. Parents are encouraged and expected to support the aims and philosophy of Ursuline education. The school will offer opportunities for open communication so that both parents and school work together for the holistic development of the student. The role of the Parents’ Association is to provide a structure through which the parents/guardians of students can work together for the best possible rounded education for the students. It works with the Principal, Vice Principals, Board of Management and Staff to build an effective partnership between home and school.
The Parents’ Advisory Committee, is elected, at its A.G.M., at the beginning of each school year. This committee meets regularly to organise fund-raising and discuss matters in relation to education policy, and is the consultative forum for the parent body. Parents elect two representatives as members of the Board of Management. The Board is elected every three years.
- Talks are organised on topics of interest e.g. parenting which benefit parents and students.
- Organising information/social events for parents
- Refreshments are supplied for Parent/Teacher meetings.
- Promotion of extracurricular activities such as music/the arts e.g. Lunch Time Live
- Channelling parent’s views on school policy issues to the principal/Board.
- Promoting overall well-being of the students.
- Organising fundraising events for the school providing much needed funds for various activities. The Annual Raffle (Easter) is the main fundraising event. In addition, Lunchtime Live and Wear a Christmas accessory Day are other fundraising events.
The PA meet have approximately five meetings a year and one AGM (Annual General Meeting).
The school encourages any parent/guardian to join the Parents Association.
Parents do not have to attend meetings, but could put their name down to help at one of the activities.
There are many activities now in place and we would require only one to two hours per year of your time e.g. to help with refreshments.
It is a great opportunity to meet other parents, learn how the school runs and maintain a good connection between the parents and the school.
How do I contact the Parents’ Association?
(If you are interested in joining the Parents’ Association or are willing to give your time to help out, please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org)